There are two ways to sell an engagement ring, good and bad.
This comprehensive guide is designed to expose all options available to you when it comes time to sell your ring, avoid being immersed in silly games of “selling engagement rings” and is armed with all the information and data necessary to make an informed decision on what to do and how.
Engagement Rings – A BRIEF HISTORY
The use of a ring as indicative of the existence of a bond between two people can be traced back to ancient Egypt. The Greeks did the same with leather, hemp, ivory or bone, but it was not until the early Roman period when they started using metal rings and only in exceptional circumstances, for precious metals like gold or silver was chosen, especially for a man to prove that his wife confided his most prized possessions.
It took another 1,500 years to find the first well-documented case of a diamond engagement ring, given by Archduke Maximilian of Austria to Mary of Burgundy in 1477.
In the UK and North America, engagement rings are traditionally worn on the third finger of the left hand, since it is believed that this particular finger contained the vena amoris, literally the “vein of love”, a vein that finger ran directly to the heart. Unfortunately for romantics, it is an urban legend; All fingers have a structure very similar blood vessels!
ENGAGEMENT RINGS – THE FACTS
• White Gold accounts for approximately 50% of sales of engagement rings.
• Platinum has a market share of 30%, while yellow gold is third with 20%.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR ENGAGEMENT RING?
Before I share with you the options that can tell the time to sell your ring, it is important to understand the reasons that push him to sell.
Whatever your reasons are influenced either by emotion or by the practical sense, ultimately you are introduced to a mere financial transaction in which the most simple economic rules apply: You want to sell your ring for the price more high and the buyer be with him at the lowest possible price.
Basically what we’re suggesting is that you take your time. Do not rush to make a decision that you might regret later and to investigate the market for engagement rings before deciding.
Finance – Sell an engagement ring can be a quick and easy way to free up funds to pay debts or to meet unforeseen emergencies. If you are looking for a quick sale or a sale within a certain time there are websites or shops offering traditional appraisals and quick cash payments, but is likely to have to accept his ring worth less than their real value in the market.
Sentimental value – According to Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, “diamonds are a girl’s best friend”. However, this is not always the case; you may not like the style of your engagement ring or which does not conform to their way of being.
Fashion – The jewels of gold, silver or platinum are in fashion or are deselected same as with clothes or shoes. What he was fashionable when she married may now be outdated, so that you may be wanting to change her engagement ring for current model.
Emotion – Unfortunately, one of the reasons most often cited for selling engagement rings is the breakup of a relationship, after which neither party wants to keep the ring as a souvenir.
Heritage – Engagement rings are among the items most commonly transmitted from generation to generation, and rare rings, antique engagement and collection, or rings with diamonds or unusual media, they can reach very large sums.
How to Sell an Engagement Ring?
Selling a diamond engagement ring has both advantages and disadvantages, and rarely a sale occurs simply to put an ad first and then wait for a buyer appears as surely happen, for example, with a mobile phone. IPhone 4 is identical to other iPhones 4. Has the same features, physically it is exactly the same and do the same things.
Engagement rings are as different and unique as your fingerprints. No two identical diamonds; differences in relation to the clarity, color and weight as well as the size, shape, and style assembly.
• Thoroughly research the market. As with all products, prices of diamonds, gold and platinum are subject to market fluctuations and, while waiting for a few months does not necessarily double the price of your ring, yes it could mean that ended more Money in your pocket.
• If you are unsure, have a professional and reliable jeweler value it. This has the added advantage of offering the buyer an independent valuation of a third party.
• Make sure the engagement ring is spotlessly clean and unscratched.
• Whenever possible, have all necessary documents, certificates and bills by hand. The buyer’s ring the need to verify their status and / or value.
• If you opt for an online sale, take high quality photographs from all angles and sufficiently enhanced to show all the details The Ring
Sale of Her Engagement Ring on Auction
• Most people already know how an auction works, but we can summarize by saying that basically the ring is sold to the highest bidder after an auction process.
• When the auctioneer shouts “sellers”, the sale is complete. The main benefit of this system is that you get your goal; however, if you are not satisfied with the outcome, there is no turning back.
• If you have a value in mind, you can set a minimum price below which the ring will not be sold, but then you risk not being able to sell it.
• Buy and sell in auctions incur charges. Make sure you know what their possible financial responsibility before embarking on the process of selling.
Selling Your Engagement Ring Online
The advent of the Internet has opened the market for engagement rings to a much wider audience.
• Trusted Web sites, secure and free, as is the case 62days.com, they offer innovative and easy to sell her engagement ring forms.
• With 62 days appraisals are free, collection is free and has the peace of mind that is backed at all times by TRUSTe , the leading online privacy network.
• You also get 62 days to change your mind, and during this time has the option to buy back her engagement ring for exactly the same price for which he sold it, without fee, hidden charges or invisible costs of any kind .
• Simply upload a photo of your ring and send you a fast, free pricing, which can accept or decline according to your convenience.
• Given that 62days.com is an online company, our low maintenance costs allow us to offer competitive prices for your engagement ring or other valuables.
• Only we use secure payment systems and trust, including PayPal, Google Checkout , Neteller , Moneybookers or alternatively we can to transfer the money directly to your bank account.
• Your items are collected and delivered by FedEx and remain secured during transportation.
In weighing your options to sell online note that often private sales on online auction websites or through similar services may end up making you feel as if you were playing poker “ring sale commitment “and they may also carry risks.The general rule of thumb is that “not invite a stranger into your home,” that is, to always know who you’re dealing with, and always consider other safety issues concerning payment, delivery and communication.
Other Ways to Sell Her Engagement ring
Antique dealers – If you have an antique engagement ring or vintage, a specialized trader will estimate its part and may even offered to buy it or put you in touch with people with a real interest in the type of ring that is selling.Note that this type of service may well incur additional costs that may affect its potential benefits.
Lenders – Pawnbrokers will offer you cash for your engagement ring through a loan agreement limited time (usually between 6 and 12 months). The ring acts as collateral for the loan. If you do not return to claim the ring at the specified time, this happens to become property of the lender. If, by contrast, wants his engagement ring, you must re-pay the principal originally paid along with a traditionally high interest rate for each month that has elapsed.
WHAT TO DO NOW
Once you decide what action you would take, you can start the process of selling.
If you want to find out how much you could get for your engagement ring instantly with an expert quotation from 62days, upload your item now for a quick and free online offer.